Create a shortcut
- Open the folder or directory that contains the program you want for a shortcut.
- Right-click on the program and click Create Shortcut.
- This will create a shortcut named “Shortcut to <your program>” in the directory you are in. If you want to rename this shortcut, right-click the file and click rename.
- Once the above steps have been completed, you can copy or cut this shortcut and paste it anywhere.
Assign shortcut key to that Windows shortcut
Once the shortcut has been created to assign a shortcut key to that Windows shortcut follow the steps below.
- Right-click the shortcut and click Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- Click in the Shortcut key box and press a letter. For example, if you press “p” the shortcut key will automatically be made Ctrl + Alt + P. Which means after this has been saved pressing Ctrl, Alt, and “P” all at the same time runs the shortcut.